Establishing a daily routine is a great way to build healthy habits and manifest the life you want for yourself. This may sound like a profound statement but creating a routine and making small but significant changes will allow you to efficiently harness positive energy throughout your day, and enable you to find more balance, feel happier, and be more productive.
Build a routine that harmonizes your body’s rhythms with the rhythm of nature.
1. Wake up naturally with the rising sun – sounds simple but choosing to wake up and resisting the urge to roll over and snooze a little longer will benefit your mood and energy levels, I promise!
2. Brush your teeth – a cleansing practice
3. Meditate, breathe work, journal – Stimulate your mind. Start with just 5-10 minutes a day, it doesn’t have to be time-consuming
4. Move your body - Stretch, walk, yoga, run – whatever your jam is just find some movement
5. Shower or take a relaxing bath
6. Try working on your most difficult tasks from 10 am -2 pm
7. Eat your biggest meal of the day for lunch – try not to skip this
8. Work on your creative tasks from 2 – 6 pm
9. Slow it down – try some self-care – go for a walk, spend time outside, do yoga, spend time with family and friends.
10. Cook – eat a light dinner
11. Aim to take a short walk to aid in digestion – 10 minutes helps
12. Turn off technology – start to wind down for the day and prepare for bed with sundown – use candles, essential oils, read a book
13. Aim to go to bed by 10 pm
Of course, it may not be possible to follow this exact routine, but use it as a guide to help build your own version that suits you. We all have different demands in our daily lives but establishing small healthy habits in your routine will make all the difference to your wellbeing. Stay consistent and tune into yourself.
Written by Meg Williams-Lucy (Holistic Health Coach living the life in LA)